Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Days 5-? of cleaning...

It's been a while I know. I do have some good news though.

My house is the cleanest it's been since we moved in. How's that for good news?

New Years resolutions are often made and just as quickly broken. And I will be the first to admit that I pad that statistic nearly every year. However, am I the only one to ever feel like the goals I've made this year are of God and not on my own power? Sure, I've got plenty of plans of my own and more than likely, most of them will not come to fruition.

I just know that God's been pressing on my heart for some time now. He's been dealing with issues of laziness, lack of motivation, and an undisciplined lifestyle. It's fine to have days of rest and relaxation...in moderation. I kind of take that concept to an extreme though. I brush it up and make it look like I'm a Mary heart in a Martha world and it looks good - on the surface. Remove the trappings and pretty-fied exterior though, and it's just plain sin.

Yep, I said that dreaded word...sin. I can't brush THAT word up no matter how hard I try...

So the pictures I'm posting are proof that God is at work. I got approximately 10 - 15 days completed in get this...3 days of work. :) And I didn't feel overwhelmed or discouraged by the sped up schedule. We had a ton of people coming for New Years and I realized that the 30 day cleaning schedule just wouldn't work in this situation.

Instead I took on what I like to call the Tough Mudder version of 31 days to clean...And boy, the results were good if I do say so myself. :)

Life has settled down to normal again after the holidays and the massive push got me over that first hump one experiences whenever a resolution is begun.

Along with the cleaning challenge, I have also been keeping up with my exercise program, healthier eating plan, B90X (reading the Bible cover to cover in 90 days), and spending more INTENTIONAL time with my husband and children.

It's challenging and frustrating at times, but 19 days into the New Year and God is already molding and shaping me in ways I've never felt before. Painful at times, yes.

But so very worth it. I cannot wait to see what kind of vessel I become when God's finished with me. Long way to go, but I am definitely enjoying the journey. Pain, Joy, and all...

No comments:

Post a Comment