Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 20: Book you’ve read the most number of times

Sacredinfluence20
Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas

 

I want Gary Thomas to adopt me as his little sister. He has such a beautiful and loving way with words. His encouragement and wisdom forces me to investigate my failings in my marriage. But it does so in such a way, that I am made joyful in the successes God grants me when I do his will.

I also use this book as my shield. So that means I hold on to it tightly. If you want to be an excellent wife, get your own copy. :) I don't share. Hey, it's all right to be selfish about this book. Really...

I read and re-read and re-read...because despite my amazing abilities to retain information from any book I read, this one eludes me often. Poor Jake. It's a good thing I re-read this book a lot. He needs all the help he can get for dealing with his crazy, moody, often-witchy, rarely-loving wife...

Of course, he told Gary Thomas that this book was HIS favorite book too - even though he's never cracked it open. So maybe that means I'm not the hopeless mess I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment