Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Thursday, July 26, 2012

In which I multitask and end up with several half finished jobs...

Only one of the jobs is actually half finished. The others are either complete or in a state of perpetual unfinishment...Dear son is bathed, dear daughter's room just needs a vacuum to run over the filthy carpet. I don't know why I thought giving her a snack in her room would be any better than the mess she makes at the table...

The point is, I DID work today. For some readers, I'm going to get the typical, "If you DIDN'T accomplish something today, you wasted your time and you won't get it back. In the light of eternity, what did you do that had purpose today?"

To those beautiful people I will respond with, "I kept my children fed, dressed (okay half-dressed - it is the summer after all), schooled (un-schooled approach counts), and safe from fatal accidents. "No DS. You cannot stick your head in the toilet while your sister is flushing it."

I also cooked, did dishes, made granola, gave a bath, changed four poopy diapers (FOUR - all from one smallish child), wrote a blog post, chatted with facebook friends, wrote/edited my manuscript, and cleaned the house(half-finished job I talked about earlier. In my defense, it's a rather daunting task when dealing with a preschooler and a toddler - their both little hellions in their own right. They make me so proud...)

Technically, I could place the housecleaning under a state of perpetual unfinishment too. (Yes, I'm making up words. Bite me.)

The laundry's almost done too. I just have to fold it and put it away.

God, when you said we'd sweat and toil and all was vanity...you meant it, didn't you? I know life has purpose and fulfillment and wholeness in your plan and all that. Right now, the mundane toil in my life is weighing me down too much to really care or look for it. Yes, I'm going through a mire of discouragement.

And when I am a published author someday, I WILL be hiring a housekeeper. Some woman who absolutely LOVES to clean and organize. Because you know what? That's not me.

Mom? I will PAY you to keep house for me. What's the rate for the job you are at? I'll triple it!

Just let me sell my book first...

For those of you who still think I was purposeless today, Here's proof of my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment