Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busyness

Time...24 hours in a day. 7 days a week, 52 weeks in a year. 365 (366 on leap) days in a year. And the human only lives to be about 90 years old - give or take a few...

Time management...is a lot harder than it looks. Sure those pretty, color-coded calendars and the PDAs and the schedule notifications are all well and good. It kind of helps to look at them though. I find myself so busy sometimes that I completely ignore the schedule in favor of keeping my head above water.


Time wasting...some days this is me. I call it breaking from the chaos and busyness. Most people would call it lazy. :) And yes, that is definitely a weakness of mine. I am great at "being" - not so great at "doing" unless it's something I am incredibly passionate about. I'm sorry, but there is nothing passionate about scrubbing a kitchen floor; especially when there is a two year old dropping the remnants of lunch, dried Play-Doh, and stickers (do you have any idea what a pain it is to get a sticker off of a hardwood floor?)


Point being...I like chaos and disorder. It's safe and easy and comfortable. Organization scares me and to be honest it's just intimidating and difficult to stick to.


That's why it's called a discipline. Something I need more of in my life. Another reason why I am starting this regular blogging, social networking, and writing.


Because someday...my kids are going to love order and structure...I will not allow myself to set them up for failure in this world by teaching them utter chaos. Doesn't work for me; sure as heck won't work for them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment