Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Starting the Journey in Community


I have never felt the necessity of community living quite as strongly as I do now. No. Not communal. COMMUNITY. I did the communal thing as the oldest of seven children and let me tell you; sharing one bathroom was a nightmare.

What I am talking about is a network of friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances, and distant pen pals all connecting with one another based on common interests, ideals, dreams, and/or worldviews. A community (define: a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists)

I have a passion and a dream for writing. My imagination, creativity, and the hands with which to hold the pen, were all given to me by the Creator God to use for His glory – but also to use for the enjoyment and benefit of myself and others. 

Up until now, I have practiced my writing in relative anonymity, sharing only rarely with those I trust. Now, I am claiming this talent as my own God-given gift and no longer burying it in the sand where it cannot reap five, ten, or a hundred-fold the benefits of actively putting it to use.

I am asking you all to join me on this journey. Living with me through my joys and sorrows, my glorious successes and magnificent failures that all come as a package deal when pursuing a writing career. Lift my family up in prayer. (Coffee and the occasional meal is also most welcome, especially when my writing is at its peak. I won’t ask anyone to clean my house.) 

My heart is to eventually use my writing as an active source of income for my family and for furthering the Kingdom work in ministry. I am asking for your prayers, patience, love, and support. 

I am a beginner on this journey, but the beginning is the very best place to start! No matter what, I am confident that I can do nothing without the strong arm of God guiding me and the embrace of my amazing community supporting me.

Thanks. God Bless.

Sarah Peloquin

No comments:

Post a Comment