Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Friday, January 13, 2012

Untitled

It's amazing the shock value some people get from their Facebook pages.Whoever the authors are, they get exactly the reaction they were hoping for in most cases...personally, I have chosen to let them alone. Here's the reason why...

Take the person who runs the Abortions page. I wouldn't suggest checking it out since the values the author holds goes against my own personal convictions, but I find it fascinating that the majority of people who "like" the page are people claiming to be Christians...they "like" it so they have an opportunity to react (and with quite colorful language to damn the page author to hell) to the page's rather blatant message.

Here's the thing though. The author NEVER lied about the intent and purpose of the page. It's not the AUTHOR'S responsibility to be held accountable for the choices of others...yet, I find myself understanding the author's point of view (regarding those who claim to represent Jesus Christ, not the whole abortion issue)...

Can I ask one thing? Is it worth it? To "like" the page and give the author EXACTLY what he expected from the Christian community? Is it worth it to crucify the Messiah over and over again with our condemning words and bitter judgment? We are representing CHRIST people...and the Jesus I know condemned the RELIGIOUS leaders...he FORGAVE those the religious people condemned.

That (what little I saw on the aforementioned page is NOT the Jesus I represent...and it breaks my heart to see it...BOTH sides of the issue.

In this instance, and many others, I see both sides and I see hell prevailing here on earth. The gates of hell are meant to be busted wide open...but not by fighting dirty like hell fights.

 13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 15 He *said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.” 20 Then He warned the disciples that they should tell no one that He was the Christ.

~Matthew 16:13-20

Just two chapters later, Jesus speaks of lost sheep being found, forgiveness regardless of how many times someone sins against you, and just days later he was hanging on the cross, forgiving a thief and promising the dying man he would be with Jesus in paradise that very day.

The only time Jesus raised his voice in condemnation of others was when he overturned the tables in the temple and when he spoke with the religious leaders of the day. Even Caesar, who's greatest sin (in my opinion) was to do NOTHING ("wash his hands of the whole situation") was treated with a sort of sorrowful contemplation, not condemnation...

Are we so prideful to think that we have it all together and right just because we claim to be Christians? What about that name suddenly gives us the right to reign as a judge and god over the highest and lowest of the earth?

The ONLY difference between myself and one who does not claim the blood of Jesus Christ is that they have not accepted the free gift of eternal life. My own righteousness is like filthy rags and only the blood of Jesus can cover that and make me new. I will not stand guard at the gates of heaven and send people away...that is NOT a job I ever wish to have and God forbid if I EVER cause another to stumble because of my pig-headedness and pride. I will not step into the very shoes of the religious leaders God condemned. I would rather be the tax collector set apart, beating his breast and crying out, "Father, have mercy on me a sinner."

We were redeemed by GRACE - undeserving redemption - and MERCY - unconditional love - so that all GLORY and HONOR would be God's and His alone. He asked only that we take that same message to all the world.

THAT'S the Jesus I represent. I am a follower of the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment