Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Monday, November 28, 2011

A 31 Day Challenge

I am finally doing it. Finally taking a challenge, I wish I'd taken many years ago. I am learning to look at housecleaning and the mundane chores of life as a way for me to bless my family and bless all those who enter my home.
Day 1 was all about getting that mission set in my mind. It's kind of formatted around a Mary/Martha idea. They both did good things, but I need to find the balance.
So I am using a book called 31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way by Sarah Mae. Every day gives a Mary Challenge: dealing with the attitudes of my heart. And a Martha Challenge: dealing with the mundane chores and cleaning habits one step at a time (and one room at a time)
I'm actually on Day 2 now. The first room to tackle is the kitchen. I (and Bella - my beautiful little helper) attacked the Refrigerator with a vigor...knocking it down to size as we removed its innards and scrubbed it squeaky clean inside and out. I even swept and mopped the back part where all the dust collects and grime coats the floor.
The Big, Bad Refrigerator Monster - I am very proud to say - is conquered and no guests will have to worry about contracting some sort of bacterial or fungal infection from the food within. :-P
You doubt?
I have pictures: Proof that the lazy, hate-to-clean Sarah Peloquin DID triumph over a major chore! AND with a cheerful heart! AND with the help of my beloved daughter who I hope to teach the joy of hard work and giving God our best...

BEFORE:
Img_0525
Img_0530
Img_0526
Img_0528
Img_0527
Img_0529

AFTER! :-)
Img_0531
Img_0532
Img_0536
Img_0534
Img_0535

No comments:

Post a Comment