Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Thursday, November 3, 2011

On writing...and writing...did I mention writing?

So yeah. I got over 5,000 words completed in my goal of 50,000. GO ME! :)

Go GOD!

Seriously. The days leading up to this contest were completely inspiration free. And I even had the story outlined and ready in more ways than one. It's in my head, all the time.

Zero inspiration. Probably a side effect of insomnia, but I haven't tested that fully yet. In case you didn't hear it that was *heavy sarcasm* back there.

In the two days since the contest began, I've gotten over 5,000 words. And the story is just taking off. I would actually write more tonight, but that whole insomnia thing? Yeah. Trying to break the habit.

And...a spider just ran across my seat on the couch...very effective in wiping my mind clean of the desire to write more tonight.

Although now, I have a twitch and my skin is crawling.

Thanks spider.

God, if you sent that creature to force me to bed, there were far better, nicer ways of reminding me I need sleep. You know I hate spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment