Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On revamping my story during a contest and fairy tale castles

Img_5376
Yeah, I wanted a fairy tale wedding. I got it for sure...but you know the best part? Even though it takes work (and lots of it sometimes) my marriage has turned out to be pretty fairy tale-esque. I have a husband who adores and supports me, and children who are great, well-behaved kids. So yeah, happily ever after does happen - the fairy tales just forgot to mention that you must earn it! :-)

 

Speaking of fairy tales. I am writing that style for the NaNoWriMo contest, and it started getting a little too Disney fluffish for my tastes. So I darkened it during some word sprints last night. It's now going in the direction I orginally wanted. Always intimidating, because my tendency is to write fluffy, happy-ever-after-no-work-needed stories.

But real life isn't like that and I am actually starting to like making my characters suffer. Sadistic I know.

So I took a break on the 30 Day book list, but I am not finished with it yet. Just have a lot on my plate right now and need to prioritize.

Played with play-doh today and Bella loved it when I made her a castle, a princess, and her knight. The castle turned into a basketball hoop, and she's still playing with the steadily drying dough. I love seeing her smile. One of my favorite things. She is making her prince and princess dance to the Christmas music I have playing right now...

I am thankful for being a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment