Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On being world weary and battle scarred

There is triumph in the battles we fight here on earth.

And I am not talking about terrorists and world wars.

Img_2027
Both of my kids took a lot out of me, like energy, patience, and time...they also gave me a lot too, like gray hairs, stretch marks, and those extra pounds that just WON'T. GO. AWAY.

They took a lot out of me. Like certain items on my bucket list that are just not possible with kids and eighteen months of my life (so far anyway)

They gave a lot to me as well. Like unconditional (and undeserved on my part) love and extra helpings of laughter (aka JOY), and memories I will be able to build and treasure for the rest of my life.

They also gave me the inspiration (along with my amazing husband) to write...and write...and write...

To fight for seemingly impossible dreams that I'd all but given up until their smiles and play and perspectives forced me to unbury my talents.

So I need to shout out a HUGE thank you to the three most important people in my life.

My husband, my daughter, and my son! I love you all so very much.

Though there are many others in my life who support me, dream with me, pray for me, and love me truly; my heart is first and foremost with you three. You are the ones who make those extra pounds worth it. You make my gray hairs seem like battle scars that I can boast about and not hide. You give me so many dreams to fill the ones that are no longer possible (at least not in THIS lifetime)

 

And you give me THREE beautiful and AMAZING reasons for triumphing over my doubts, fears, and tears!

 

PS. My wordcount so far is 21,000 of 50,000... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment