Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 5: Book you wish you could live in

Harrypotter5

 

The World of Harry Potter by JK Rowling

I wanted to be a good girl and say The Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia. Heck, I could have chosen any one of CS Lewis' worlds or George McDonald. It might even have been understandable for a conservative girl to choose the childlike world of L Frank Baum.


But who am I kidding. This was the first thought that popped into my mind and I am striving for honesty here.

No other fantasy world has ever grabbed my attention quite so strongly as the world of Harry Potter. I would have loved to be in Hermione's shoes or even the female version of Harry. I'd take Ginny Weasley if it came down to it. After all, she gets to kiss our remarkable hero and I have rooted for her from the beginning. :)

Such a magical, fantastical world can only be dreamed about and dream I did. Every step of Harry's journey was riveting and beautiful; I was drawn into the battle between good and evil from the beginning. This story will always be one I could revisit over and over and over again. Each time I do, I learn something completely new to draw me in a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment