Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 8: Book that scares you

Davincicode8
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

No other book has scared me quite so much and I am not talking in a "horror-close-close-my-eyes-at-each-scene" kind of a scared.

I am talking about a - Brown writes exceptionally well and he's bound to convince a good number of people that this story and the beliefs behind it are all true - kind of afraid.

I loved and hated this book more than any other book I've read so far in my life (well, we aren't counting the Bible...)

He weaves a tale of conspiracy and cult and murder and lies and subtle truth that scares me silly. I know it's a novel. I am intelligent enough to figure that out even without his disclaimer at the beginning of the book.

But there is just enough truth amidst all the "mythology" that could make for a very believable true story.

 

Of course, watching the movie, I completely realized just how absurd the whole thing was... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment