Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Counting down

Between plot bunnies, crazy fun almost 3 year-old, teething yet surprisingly upbeat 7 month old, temptingly distracting soul mate/love of my life/spouse/hunk/hotty/man of my dreams/knight in slightly dented but still shining armor, preparations for this weekend, and other sundry assignments...

I have to say that I am a bit like the decapitated chicken.

Not necessarily a huge step from normal, but definitely seeing a surge in craziness and heart palpitations that will not pass until this weekend ends!

Yet, I really don't want it to end either. Pressure has always forced me to work better. I never used the word procrastinator because that implied laziness and unintentional time wasting. My waiting until the last minute has always been intentional and purposed to draw out the best in me.

Honest to goodness, it even worked in child birth. :)

No. Really!

All this to say that I am PUMPED and counting down the minutes until we go live with crazy giving and insanity in the form of the written word! I am at my best when walking a high wire. It's a God thing truly.

So let's see what amazing things can happen this weekend, both in the Fundraiser and my writing...even if both are just a practice session to prep for a bigger deal, it can only be a great thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment