Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm taking a writing course online right now in the hopes of improving my work and actually spending the time getting feedback on some of my old stuff.

It's great. The best part about it is that every assignment is a maximum of 500 words. So I am learning a LOT about making my writing tighter, more concise, and still maintaining the elements of the story.

This is one more step in the right direction I hope. And the thing that makes it all worth it is that the course itself is free! :-)

On another note: I hope to have a more regularly scheduled blog posting now that I have decided this is going to be in essence my personal journal. Not that I am going to be spilling ALL my secrets. But I will be using it as your window into my writing process - and my life as it were. :-)

So I will be seeing you all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment