Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

3Day Novel

Success? If spewing out over 26,000 words in 72 hours to form a complete, mostly coherent novel is not a success, I don't know what is! :)

I did it! I DID IT! By God's grace alone, I did it. :)

Last year definitely felt easier and less pressured. Probably because I had fewer words to contain with and my storyline was massively outlined in my head before I started typing.

This was also a harder year, because in some ways it was a harder topic to write. I've seen the process of dying before, so writing it comes a little more easily to me.

I've never (knowingly) seen an angel before or interacted with one (that I know of) so to portray it accurately enough without delving into blasphemy is definitely a challenge for me. Really though, despite its greater than ever challenge this year, I enjoyed my experience a whole lot more than last year.

Maybe because I have one under my belt. I knew a bit more what to expect. But more than anything, I really enjoyed just writing for the pleasure of it. To craft a story using elements from my own life but also many elements from my crazy imagination (and 27 years of experience with life) - let me tell you it was FUN.

The Hannah Center project did not go as well as I wanted, but given the time frame with which I threw everything together, I have to say that it was more than I expected. And there are still a few more people who have verbally said they would give. (They just have a love/hate relationship with technology apparently)

So all in all, the weekend was a resounding success. I have learned a lot about myself, a lot about my purpose in life, and a lot about the art of writing.

Even if the only thing I get from the contest is a sticker and a pretty certificate, I will joy in the journey I took to get them. :)

Love and hugs!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment