Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Monday, September 19, 2011

Plot Bunnies

So I just had a cool new idea that I got to brainstorm with Jake. It dealt with some major weak points in my plot and answered a lot of questions regarding how to make my fairy tale GOOD. Can't give away too much because it would really give away a lot of the story, and I won't be giving teasers until at least the first few chapters are written.

On that note:
  • Chapter 1 is written and needs some editing/proofing to add the new changes into it.
  • All of my main character sketches are finished - as finished as can be until I get further into my story. Sometimes I cannot see just how they will react until I throw them into the situations.
  • Chapter 2 is being written and it's giving me a headache, so I have tabled it until tomorrow. I am trying to introduce my heroine without giving too much away, but also really giving a good first glimpse into her character.
  • My general setting sketches are nearly done, but I have it all in my head and several pictures to give me scope. It's beautiful. :)
  • Several random chapters are drafted - literally in skeleton stages - including a few from book two and three. 
  • Many more plot points keep biting me and my head is literally spinning.
And last but certainly not least, I have to say that my husband has been a rather patient, loving, and supportive husband while I have taken on the challenge of writing a trilogy. He will be getting special mention in my books as well as a few other rewards along the way. ;-)

That will be all for now. I'll check in and finish up a few other points of interest tomorrow - AKA, when I can actually think (and see) straight. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment