Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Friday, September 9, 2011

Of Planting and Harvesting

For the most part, gardening was a bust for us this year.

I have a lot to learn about the wonders of growing vegetables. How not to kill them being on the top of the list. We got an abundance of peppers - the hot ones - cherry tomatoes, and beans. BEANS.

Not that I am upset about the produce we did get.

It would just be nice if the carrots, corn, tomatoes - the big ones - peppers - the sweet ones - and beets had survived. I KILLED them. :(

This winter, I will be researching how not to kill my veggies. Because it's corny to say that I have no green thumb...especially when I have green BEANS coming out of my EARS.

And even I winced at the utter cheese in that last joke. :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment