Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 1: Favorite book

Sacredparenting1
Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls

 

I have so many favorite books that it is difficult to choose one over another. However, in this moment in time, my favorite book would have to be this book by Gary L. Thomas.


When I read Sacred Marriage, I was not at a place in my life where I could truly appreciate its value. However, Sacred Parenting was picked up at just the right instance. I was foundering in my motherhood and desperate for anything to bring back that joy and love I KNOW I have for my kids. Every aspect of parenting seemed meaningless and a drudgery. The worst part was that my children sensed my attitude and responded accordingly.

That old saying?

When momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy.

SO TRUE.

Reading a book that brought such amazing perspective to my heart and mind could not have come at a better time. I realized that not only was my role as a mother to raise my children in the ways of the Lord, but even more importantly it is specifically for the purpose of molding me into the woman God wants me to become.

WOW. Talk about a perspective shift. Believe me, some days it is still a moment by moment battle to overcome the strongholds of the devil in my attitudes and actions. Still...I have never experienced so much joy, peace, and love over the little ones God has entrusted into my care.

Heck. I'm even okay with having a couple more of the beautiful smalls. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment