Quotable Quotes

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
~ E.L. Doctorow

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

- Oscar Wilde

Month of November

Monday, September 5, 2011

Quick update...

So I am just updating you all on my progress before I head to bed for a few hours of sleep. I would stay up longer except that in the last hour and a half, I have only gotten four hundred words on paper as opposed to over a thousand an hour the four hours before that.

Things are slowing up a bit and I am thinking a little shut eye might just give me what I need for that last big push. :)

This has been quite a ride. Due to the generosity of friends and family, I have raised $165 for The Hannah Center - and that is more than I hoped for since I began informing people only a week before of my intentions...I look forward to preparing more thoroughly next year. Getting out and meeting people as well as fixing the live video feed issue and starting to give out information a lot earlier.

I still have a little ways to go in the contest and you are still free and Welcome to donate to the cause. At 17,465 words, I am about 70% done with the story...or at least that was my last calculation. Such a great experience. And the story is quickly becoming my favorite one I've written, if for nothing else but that I was inspired over a mere three days. Even last years - though forever holding a place in my heart - pales because I have gone further than ever and the story is something I enjoyed writing and reading.

By God's grace, I am pursuing my writing dream. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you all are following and supporting me...

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment